Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
or equivalent experience
3 years to less than 5 years
- Specific Skills
- Fit insulation around obstructions and between joists and studs; Assemble, erect and dismantle scaffolding, rigging and hoisting equipment; Measure and cut insulating materials to required shape and dimensions using hand and power tools; Apply and secure insulation using spraying, blowing, pasting, strapping, taping and other application and installation methods
- Major Work Area
- Installation; Construction
- Additional Skills
- Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications; Operate CADD and other computer software systems; Instruct apprentices; Estimate costs and materials
- Area of Specialization
- Custom fabrication and layout; Cladding
- Work Setting
- Industrial; Commercial
- Work Site Environment
- Outdoors; Noisy; Dusty; Hot; Cold/refrigerated
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Valid driver's licence
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding; Manual dexterity; Standing for extended periods; Bending, crouching, kneeling; Overtime required
- Health benefits
- Health care plan; Dental plan; Vision care benefits
Health care plan, Dental plan, Vision care benefits
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.