Title posted on indeed.com -
Community Engagement Worker
Posted on May 09, 2022
Vita Community Living Services of Toronto Inc.
*VITA COMMUNITY LIVING SERVICES/MENS SANA*
*Community Engagement Worker (CEW)*
_Providing Safety, Practicing Respect, Promoting Community_
WE ARE VITA!_*
VITA is a non-profit organization providing supports and services to individuals with a developmental disability and or mental health challenge. Our staff make a difference in the lives of our members everyday.
We are hiring *Community Engagement Workers (CEW) *to join our team. These full-time positions are an opportunity to put your knowledge and technical skills to work on a variety of member focused tasks. Under the direction of the Community Service Supervisor, the Community Engagement Worker provides supports to individuals with disabilities through the creation, implementation and evaluation of member directed services. This position develops, coordinates and evaluates individualized, group and virtual services based on member service agreements. Service agreements are member directed and designed to promote personal welfare, independence, education, self-determination, community participation, and social skills.
We love supporting the community we serve! At VITA, we believe that positive, happy, and healthy people have a passion for life and bring that energy to their work. No matter what your specialty or experience, your unique contributions will make a difference. Our culture blends various backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe it is not about fitting into our culture; it is about adding value to our workplace through expertise, fresh ideas, and perspectives.
We cannot wait to see what you will bring!*
THE ROLE: *
Demonstrate an understanding of member requests to develop service support strategies.
* Curriculum development includes research, resource management, and the application of specific member needs in the design of individualized (1:1), group and virtual services.
* Evaluation of service offerings, assessing the achievement of service objectives.
* Coordinate service offerings for members across multiple community and VITA locations.
* Assign service facilitation to staff, assess implementation strategies including service delivery instructions
* Develop strategies for member service access, including identifying specific needs i.e., transportation, staffing support, use of technology and community fees.
* Work closely with the service team and Supervisor, to identify specialized member and overall service requirements .
* Conduct service evaluations including the tracking of member service satisfaction and goal achievement , to identify trends and areas of improvement
* Facilitation of service and training for members
* Identify gaps, challenges and successes for future service offerings.
* Liaison with members, family, primary care providers and or community partners.
WHAT YOU BRING: *
D.S.W, SSW, CYW or University Degree in a related field or other relevant post-secondary education.
* Minimum 2 years? experience working with individuals with disabilities and/or dual diagnoses.
* Experience with activity development, individual and group facilitation.
* Experience with service coordination, across multiple program sites and platforms.
* Must demonstrate, strong working knowledge of technology & computer skills, including, Microsoft Office Suite, virtual platforms (I.e., Teams / Zoom). Social media and other general use of Apps
* Valid driver?s license required
WHAT?S IN IT FOR YOU?*
At VITA we care about each other, reaching our potential and making a difference in our communities. So, we thrive on being creative and fostering a thoughtful and committed work culture.
* Comprehensive benefits package.
* Employee Assistance Program.
* Pension Plan.
* Paid Vacation, Sick Time and Lieu time.
* Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
* Opportunities to perform challenging work in a dynamic and collaborative culture.
Employment with VITA is conditional on your ability to meet t
- LocationToronto, ON
- Salary$$21.83 to $24.70HOUR hourly
- Terms of employment
- Start date
Starts as soon as possible
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by a partner site. Job Bank is not responsible for this content.