Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
or equivalent experience
2 years to less than 3 years
- Specific Skills
- Set in sleeves, pockets, collars and other garment pieces; Operate machines to join sections of garments or other articles into finished products on a piece-work or production basis
- Equipment and Machinery Experience
- Single needle machine; Serger or overlock; Double needle machine; Industrial sewing machine
- Additional Skills
- Perform minor repairs and adjustments to equipment
- Work Site Environment
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Own transportation; Own vehicle; Valid driver's licence; Public transportation is available
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Repetitive tasks; Physically demanding; Manual dexterity; Attention to detail; Hand-eye co-ordination; Sitting
- Sewing Experience
- Domestic; Commercial
- Type of Materials
- Cotton or synthetic
- Personal Suitability
- Accurate; Reliability; Organized
- Long term benefits
- Other benefits; Deferred profit-sharing plan (DPSP)
- Other benefits
- On-site recreation and activities; Wellness program
- Screening questions
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?; Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?; Do you have education in this field of employment?
On-site recreation and activities, Wellness program
Long term benefits
Other benefits, Deferred profit-sharing plan (DPSP)
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.