database administrator (DBA)
Title posted on indeed.com -
Jr. DB2 Database Administrator
Posted on May 05, 2022
Dawn InfoTek Inc.
Dawn InfoTek Inc. is a professional IT consulting team that partners with major financial institutions, investment firms and government sectors. We have been dedicated to delivering cutting-edge consulting services and recruiting all levels of IT positions for our clients.
We are currently seeking competent individuals to fulfill the role of *DB2 DBA* to join our dynamic team for our client, one of the major banks.
- Provide DB2 Administrative services to application development team.
- Design/develop/test/support DB2 LUW database.
- Plan, design, develop, test, and support database systems.
- Perform regular database work and maintenance, such as storage management, import, export, load, access control, etc.
- Provide technical analysis and recommendations.
- Performance tuning and trouble shooting.
- Write scripts and enhance performance.
- Strong knowledge of SQL.
*Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills: *
? 1+ years of experience with DB2 or SQL
? IBM Certified Database Associate - Db2 Fundamentals for LUW (for any Db2 version)
*Soft skills: *
1. Strong communication skills (both oral and written)
2. Excellent Presentation Skills ? able to translate technical standards/practices to customer.
3. Desire to keep up with new technology innovations
4. Able to work individually and as a team
5. Coordination Skills
*Nice-To-Have Skills: *
1) Technical working experience as a DB2 LUW DBA supporting development/QA/non-functional testing/production environments within the Financial Industries.
2) Hands on Experience of DB2 HADR
3) SQL Program Language Experience ? as team also does development work
1) Certification on IBM Db2
2) Degrees: · Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30.00-$40.00 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Toronto, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
* DB2 or SQL: 1 year (preferred)
* IBM Db2 Certification (preferred)
- LocationToronto, ON
- Salary$$30.00 to $40.00HOUR hourly
- Terms of employment
- Start date
Starts as soon as possible
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by a partner site. Job Bank is not responsible for this content.
Report a problem with this job posting
Thank you for your help!
You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, please contact us.