Other trades certificate or diploma
2 years to less than 3 years
- Specific Skills
- Select type of insulation required; Fit insulation around obstructions and between joists and studs; Fabricate and apply removable insulation pads and covers; Brush waterproofing cement or other material over insulating materials; Assemble, erect and dismantle scaffolding, rigging and hoisting equipment; Measure and cut insulating materials to required shape and dimensions using hand and power tools; Apply and secure insulation using spraying, blowing, pasting, strapping, taping and other application and installation methods; Install vapour barriers and fire-retardant materials; Remove asbestos, ceramic fibres, lead and mould and urea-formaldehyde insulation materials from buildings
- Major Work Area
- Repair; Maintenance; Installation; Construction
- Additional Skills
- Supervise other workers; Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications; Instruct apprentices; Estimate costs and materials
- Area of Specialization
- Acoustical insulation; Spraying and blowing insulation; Refractory insulation; Industrial noise control; Fire stopping and fireproofing; Cryogenic insulation; Custom fabrication and layout; Asbestos abatement and removal; Asbestos encapsulation and enclosure; Cladding
- Work Setting
- Residential; Commercial
- Work Site Environment
- Confined spaces; Dangerous; Noisy; Dusty; Hot; Cold/refrigerated
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding; Manual dexterity; Standing for extended periods; Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Work Location Information
- On-site customer service
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Persons with disabilities, Newcomers to Canada, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.