Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
7 months to less than 1 year
- Specific Skills
- Operate cash register; Process money, cheques and credit/debit card payments; Scan items; Receive payment for goods or services; Stock shelves and clean counter area; Greet customers; Wrap or place merchandise in bags; Provide customer service; Accept reservations or take-out orders; Monitor all entrances and exits, request proof of payment when necessary
- Business Equipment and Computer Applications
- Price scanner; Interac machine
- Work Setting
- Retail business
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Public transportation is available
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Attention to detail; Standing for extended periods
- Personal Suitability
- Flexibility; Accurate; Team player; Excellent oral communication
- Screening questions
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?; Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?; Are you willing to relocate for this position?; Are you currently a student?; What is your current level of study?; What is your current field of study?; What is the highest level of study you have completed?; Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?; Are you available for shift or on-call work?; Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?; Are you available for the advertised start date?; Do you have education in this field of employment?
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.