College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
or equivalent experience
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate
2 years to less than 3 years
- Specific Skills
- Receive payment for specialized cleaning jobs; Inspect sites or facilities to ensure safety and cleanliness standards; Establish work schedules; Co-ordinate work activities with other departments; Assist cleaners in performing duties; Supervise and co-ordinate activities of workers; Recommend or arrange for additional maintenance services
- Additional Skills
- Prepare budget and cost estimates; Maintain financial records; Hire and train or arrange for training of cleaning staff
- Work Setting
- Hotel, motel, resort
- Workers Supervised
- Specialized cleaners; Light duty cleaners; Janitors, caretakers and building superintendents
- Security and Safety
- Criminal record check
- Own Tools/Equipment
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Repetitive tasks; Physically demanding; Manual dexterity; Combination of sitting, standing, walking; Standing for extended periods; Bending, crouching, kneeling; Tight deadlines
- Ability to Supervise
- 11-15 people
- Personal Suitability
- Initiative; Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Excellent oral communication; Excellent written communication; Client focus; Dependability; Judgement; Reliability
- Long term benefits
- Other benefits
- Other benefits
- Free parking available
- Screening questions
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?; What is your current level of study?; What is your current field of study?; What is the highest level of study you have completed?; Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.