On the road job
Work locations may vary. Frequent or constant travel is required from the employee.
No degree, certificate or diploma
3 years to less than 5 years
- Specific Skills
- Plant bulbs, flowers, shrubs and trees; Lay sod or seed; Cart and spread topsoil and other materials; Assist with landscape constructions; Operate and maintain landscape maintenance equipment
- Equipment and Machinery Experience
- Small engine equipment; Forklift; Automated irrigation system
- Construction Specialization
- Stone garden walls; Rock gardens; Retaining walls; Poured concrete; Interlocking brick; Fieldstone paths; Ornamental ponds, fountains and waterfalls
- Area of Specialization
- Landscape construction
- Work Setting
- Private residence; Park and recreation sites; Landscape contractor; Landscape maintenance
- Security and Safety
- Driver's validity licence check; Driving record check (abstract)
- Own Tools/Equipment
- Steel-toed safety boots; Cellular phone
- Work Site Environment
- Outdoors; Noisy; Dusty; Hot
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Own transportation; Willing to travel regularly; Valid driver's licence; Travel expenses paid by employer
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Repetitive tasks; Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding; Attention to detail; Hand-eye co-ordination; Combination of sitting, standing, walking; Walking; Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Work Location Information
- Rural area; Work in employer's/client's home; Urban area; Remote location; Various locations
- Landscaping Experience
- Residential projects
- Personal Suitability
- Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Team player; Client focus; Dependability
- Landscape and Horticulture Technicians and Specialists Specific Skills
- Manage landscaping projects; Plant and move trees
- Workplace information
- On the road job
- Screening questions
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.