No degree, certificate or diploma
Experience an asset
- Specific Skills
- Select and transport material to work area manually or using crane or hoist; Read and interpret specifications or follow verbal instructions; Clean and lubricate machinery and equipment; Check products for correct shapes, dimensions and other specifications; Lay out, set up and operate one or more light or heavy metalworking machines
- Equipment and Machinery Experience
- Overhead crane; Lifting device; Hand tools; Drills; Computer numerical control (CNC) machines; Micrometers
- Weight Handling
- Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Work Setting
- Machinery manufacturer; Heavy machinery manufacturing
- Own Tools/Equipment
- Tools; Steel-toed safety boots
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Own transportation; Valid driver's licence; Public transportation is available
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Repetitive tasks; Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding; Manual dexterity; Attention to detail; Hand-eye co-ordination; Standing for extended periods; Overtime required
- Personal Suitability
- Flexibility; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Organized
- Health benefits
- Dental plan
- Screening questions
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?; Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.