Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
or equivalent experience
1 year to less than 2 years
- Specific Skills
- Advise consumers on colours and choice of wall coverings; Repair cracks and holes; Prepare, clean and sand surfaces to be painted; Mix paint to desired colour and texture; Erect scaffolding and swing stages and attach rigging; Apply paint, wallpaper and other materials and finishes to interior and exterior surfaces; Measure, cut and apply wallpaper and other fabric to walls
- Equipment and Machinery Experience
- Roller painting; Conventional spray painting; Brush painting
- Additional Skills
- Estimate costs and materials
- Surface Preparation Experience
- Drywall taping/patching
- Work Site Environment
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Attention to detail; Hand-eye co-ordination; Ability to distinguish between colours; Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Work Location Information
- Various locations
- Personal Suitability
- Initiative; Flexibility; Team player; Reliability
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Persons with disabilities, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.