Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
or equivalent experience
Experience an asset
- Specific Skills
- Train staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food; Supervise kitchen staff and helpers; Recruit and hire staff; Organize and manage buffets and banquets; Order supplies and equipment; Manage kitchen operations; Inspect kitchens and food service areas; Prepare and cook special meals for patients as instructed by dietitian or chef; Clean kitchen and work areas; Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment; Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods; Plan menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies
- Cook Categories
- Cook (general)
- Additional Skills
- Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances
- Work Setting
- Restaurant; Fast food outlet or concession
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Own transportation
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Standing for extended periods
- Personal Suitability
- Initiative; Flexibility; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Client focus; Dependability; Judgement; Reliability; Organized
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Apprentices, Indigenous people, Persons with disabilities, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.