Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Electrician Trade Certification
2 years to less than 3 years
- Specific Skills
- Troubleshoot and isolate faults; Test and measure voltage, loads, ground faults integrity of circuits; Splice, join and connect wires; Renovate electrical systems in residential and commercial structures; Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications; Install, replace and repair electrical controls and panel boxes; Install power generation, stand-by power generation and power conditioning systems; Install surface mount and/or overhead cables; Install underground wiring and cables; Conduct preventive maintenance programs; Ground and bond electrical equipment, systems and structures including swimming pools and hot tubs
- Additional Skills
- Keep maintenance reports and documentation; Estimate costs and materials; Determine appropriate selection of materials and methods for hazardous locations; Professionalism in customer service
- Personal Suitability
- Initiative; Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Excellent written communication; Client focus; Judgement; Organized
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Newcomers to Canada
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.