or equivalent experience
2 years to less than 3 years
- Specific Skills
- Review individual and group applications for insurance; Prepare underwriting reports; Evaluate new and renewal applications to determine insurance risks, insurance premiums, extent of coverage and other conditions; Ensure compliance with government regulations; Approve sale of insurance policies; Answer inquiries from clients and other company personnel; Provide underwriting advice
- Major Work Area
- Business Equipment and Computer Applications
- Spreadsheet; MS Excel; MS PowerPoint; MS Windows; MS Word
- Work Setting
- Marine cargo handling company
- Security and Safety
- Criminal record check
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Attention to detail; Large caseload; Large workload; Tight deadlines; Overtime required
- Work Location Information
- Relocation costs covered by employer
- Insurance Experience
- Property insurance; Automobile insurance; Liability insurance; Business risk insurance; Fire insurance
- Personal Suitability
- Effective interpersonal skills; Accurate; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Excellent written communication; Judgement; Reliability; Organized
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.