Other trades certificate or diploma
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Auto Body Repairer Trade Certification; Motor Vehicle Body Repairer Trade Certification
3 years to less than 5 years
- Specific Skills
- Hammer out dents, buckles and defects using blocks and hammers; File, grind and sand body surfaces to be repaired; Replace front end components, body components, doors and frame and underbody components; Repair or replace interior components; Apply primers and repaint surfaces; Review damage report and estimates of repair cost and plan work to be performed; Mask and tape auto body surfaces in preparation for painting; Remove damaged fenders, panels and grills and bolt or weld replacement parts into place; Repair or replace damaged windows, windshields and sunroofs; Inspect repaired vehicles and test drive vehicles for proper handling; Operate soldering equipment or use plastic filler to fill holes, dents and seams; Straighten bent frames using frame and underbody pulling and anchoring equipment; Mix paint, blend and match colors
- Area of Work Experience
- Welding; Underbody components; Uni body machine; Paint spraying; Metal cutting; Interior components; Frame straightening; Front end components; Doors and frame; Body components
- Work Site Environment
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Valid driver's licence
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Physically demanding; Attention to detail; Standing for extended periods; Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Work Location Information
- In shop
- Personal Suitability
- Accurate; Team player; Client focus; Dependability; Judgement; Reliability
- Health benefits
- Health care plan; Disability benefits; Dental plan; Vision care benefits; Paramedical services coverage
- Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits; Life insurance; Registered retirement savings plan (RRSP); Other benefits
- Other benefits
- Travel insurance
- Screening questions
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?; Are you willing to relocate for this position?; Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
Health care plan, Disability benefits, Dental plan, Vision care benefits, Paramedical services coverage
Long term benefits
Group insurance benefits, Life insurance, Registered retirement savings plan (RRSP), Other benefits
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Persons with disabilities, Newcomers to Canada, Veterans, Visible minorities
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.