On the road job
Work locations may vary. Frequent or constant travel is required from the employee.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- or equivalent experience
2 years to less than 3 years
Conduct voltage, resistance and other tests using electrical test equipment
Prepare written estimates of repair costs
Plan service routes
Refer to schematic drawings or product manuals to repair parts
Diagnose faults, using testing devices
Repair electrical appliances and components
Replace faulty components
Advise customers on work performed and condition of equipment
Use shop equipment and specialized diagnostic and programming apparatus to repair, adjust and reprogram appliances
Experience and Specialization
Types of Systems
Equipment and Machinery Experience
Air conditioning system
Large household appliances
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
Handling heavy loads
Standing for extended periods
Bending, crouching, kneeling
Steel-toed safety boots
Effective interpersonal skills
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.