On the road job
Work locations may vary. Frequent or constant travel is required from the employee.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
or equivalent experience
2 years to less than 3 years
- Specific Skills
- Advise customers on work performed and condition of equipment; Repair electrical appliances and components; Replace faulty components; Refer to schematic drawings or product manuals to repair parts; Diagnose faults, using testing devices; Conduct voltage, resistance and other tests using electrical test equipment
- Equipment and Machinery Experience
- Power tools; Large household appliances; Small appliances; Air conditioning system
- Additional Skills
- Prepare written estimates of repair costs; Plan service routes
- Area of Specialization
- Own Tools/Equipment
- Safety equipment/gear
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Vehicle supplied by employer
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding; Standing for extended periods; Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Work Location Information
- Various locations
- Personal Suitability
- Initiative; Effective interpersonal skills; Team player; Dependability; Organized
- Workplace information
- On the road job
- Screening questions
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?; Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?; Are you available for shift or on-call work?
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.