No degree, certificate or diploma
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic Trade Certification
3 years to less than 5 years
- Specific Skills
- Measure, cut and connect piping using welding and brazing equipment; Measure and lay out reference points for installation; Interpret gas codes; Handle, recover and store refrigerants; Assemble and install refrigeration or air conditioning components; Read and interpret blueprints; Install, troubleshoot, repair and overhaul entire heating, ventilation, air handling, refrigeration and air conditioning systems; Start up system and test for leaks using testing devices; Recharge system with refrigerant, check and test regulators, calibrate system and perform routine maintenance or servicing; Install, maintain and repair equipment in refrigerated trucks used to transport food or medical supplies; Repair and replace parts and components for entire refrigeration, air conditioning, ventilation or heat pump systems
- Additional Skills
- Prepare tenders and quotations; Coach and instruct apprentices; Provide customer service
- Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Systems
- Ventilation; Heat pump; Filtration; Built up (split system); Air motioning and circulation; Cooling tower; Humidification and de-humidification system; Rooftop (self-contained)
- Work Site Environment
- Outdoors; Noisy; Odours; Hot; Cold/refrigerated
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Vehicle supplied by employer; Valid driver's licence
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding; Manual dexterity; Attention to detail; Standing for extended periods; Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Work Location Information
- Staff accommodation available; Various locations; Relocation costs not covered by employer
- Personal Suitability
- Initiative; Flexibility; Accurate; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Excellent written communication; Client focus; Dependability; Judgement; Reliability; Punctuality
- Health benefits
- Dental plan; Vision care benefits
- Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits; Life insurance; Registered retirement savings plan (RRSP); Other benefits
Dental plan, Vision care benefits
Long term benefits
Group insurance benefits, Life insurance, Registered retirement savings plan (RRSP), Other benefits
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.