Other trades certificate or diploma
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate; Electrician Trade Certification; Working at heights training
3 years to less than 5 years
- Specific Skills
- Troubleshoot and isolate faults; Test and measure voltage, loads, ground faults integrity of circuits; Splice, join and connect wires; Renovate electrical systems in residential and commercial structures; Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications; Install, replace and repair electrical controls and panel boxes; Install surface mount and/or overhead cables; Install underground wiring and cables; Ground and bond electrical equipment, systems and structures including swimming pools and hot tubs
- Major Work Area
- Service; Repair; Maintenance; Installation; Construction; Troubleshooting/diagnostic
- Equipment and Machinery Experience
- Motors and controls; Generators and turbines; Conventional electrical devices
- Additional Skills
- Supervise other workers; Keep maintenance reports and documentation; Instruct apprentices; Design and construct single-phase service for single or multimeter installations; Design and construct low voltage (30 to 750V) multiphase service for single or multimeter installations; Professionalism in customer service
- Area of Specialization
- Heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system; Lighting system; Security and surveillance system; Emergency power system; Fire alarm system
- Own Tools/Equipment
- Tools; Safety equipment/gear; Steel-toed safety boots; Hard hat
- Work Site Environment
- Dangerous; Outdoors; At heights; Dusty; Hot; Cold/refrigerated
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Own transportation; Own vehicle; Valid driver's licence; Travel expenses paid by employer
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Physically demanding; Attention to detail; Tight deadlines
- Work Location Information
- Various locations
- Personal Suitability
- Initiative; Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Client focus; Judgement; Organized
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Apprentices, Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.