or equivalent experience
1 year to less than 2 years
- Specific Skills
- Administer treatments as prescribed by veterinarian; Veterinary office management; Produce diagnostic radiographs, collect samples and perform other laboratory tests; Prepare and administer medications and vaccines under direction of veterinarian; Handle, restrain and care for animals undergoing treatment and surgery; Counsel clients on animal health care; Assist veterinarian before, during and after surgery; Provide nursing care and rehabilitation therapy for animals; Provide wound and bandage care
- Area of Specialization
- Small animals; Large animals; Emergency care; Drug studies; Animal dentistry; Animal training
- Work Setting
- Veterinary clinic
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Repetitive tasks; Physically demanding; Attention to detail; Hand-eye co-ordination; Combination of sitting, standing, walking; Standing for extended periods; Walking; Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Personal Suitability
- Initiative; Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Accurate; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Excellent written communication; Client focus; Organized
- Health benefits
- Dental plan
- Long term benefits
- Other benefits
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Apprentices, Indigenous people, Persons with disabilities, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.