Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
3 years to less than 5 years
- Specific Skills
- Prepare and lay bricks, concrete blocks, structural tiles or other masonry units; Lay bricks, stone or similar materials to provide veneer facing; Construct and install prefabricated masonry units; Build patios, garden walls and other decorative installations; Read sketches and blueprints to calculate materials required; Cut and trim bricks and concrete blocks to specification using hand and power tools; Lay bricks or other masonry units to build residential or commercial chimneys and fireplaces; Lay or install firebricks to line industrial chimneys and smokestacks; Line or reline furnaces, kilns, boilers and similar installations using refractory or acid-resistant bricks, refractory concretes, plastic refractories and other materials
- Major Work Area
- Renovation; Repair; Construction
- Additional Skills
- Work at heights, on scaffolding or swing stages; Estimate materials, labour, tools and equipment; Restore, clean or paint existing masonry structures
- Work Setting
- Residential; Commercial
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Travel expenses paid by employer; Public transportation is available
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Repetitive tasks; Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding; Manual dexterity; Attention to detail; Combination of sitting, standing, walking; Standing for extended periods; Bending, crouching, kneeling; Tight deadlines
- Work Location Information
- Various locations
- Personal Suitability
- Initiative; Effective interpersonal skills; Accurate; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Judgement; Organized
- Long term benefits
- Other benefits
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.