Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 to less than 7 months
- Dispatcher Specific Skills
- Record mileage, fuel use, repairs and other expenses; Receive requests for emergency assistance or service; Operate radio equipment; Operate computer-aided communications and dispatching equipment; Dispatch personnel according to schedules and work orders; Dispatch personnel as required by emergency situations; Assist with maintenance of communications equipment; Advise vehicle operators of traffic and other problems; Schedule assignments and co-ordinate activities of vehicle operators, crews and equipment; Handle wake-up calls; Keep track of shipments; Follow-up on issues with work orders; Knowledge of cross border dispatching regulations and practices; Knowledge of highway trucking and associated rules and regulations; Maintain vehicle operator work records
- Business Equipment and Computer Applications
- Word processing software; Switchboard 1-25 lines; Spreadsheet; Operate GPS (Global Positioning System) and other navigation equipment; MS Windows; Internet; Electronic scheduler; Database software; Electronic mail; Dispatch management service software; Monitoring and tracking software; Mapping and data visualization software
- Additional Skills
- Maintain work records and logs; Ensure proper functioning of equipment; Perform general office duties; Light cleaning duties; Provide customer service
- Work Setting
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Valid driver's licence
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Repetitive tasks; Physically demanding; Attention to detail; Tight deadlines; Overtime required
- Ability to Supervise
- 1 to 2 people
- Work Location Information
- Urban area; Willing to relocate
- Service Experience
- Personal Suitability
- Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Excellent written communication; Client focus; Reliability; Organized
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Persons with disabilities, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.