College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
2 years to less than 3 years
- Specific Skills
- Prepare medical, social and administrative statistics; Classify and code diseases according to an established classification system; Collect, code, cross-reference and store health records and related information; Abstract, assemble and analyze clinical data and related demographic information from health records according to established policies and procedures; Operate information systems to maintain indexes for classification systems and to manage and retrieve health records information; Supervise other health information management technicians and related workers
- Filing Systems
- Numeric; Alphabetic; Terminal digit
- Business Equipment and Computer Applications
- MS Windows; Computer assisted records management system
- Work Setting
- Health care institution, facility or clinic
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Attention to detail; Large workload; Tight deadlines
- Ability to Supervise
- 5-10 people
- Personal Suitability
- Accurate; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Excellent written communication; Dependability; Organized
- Health benefits
- Health care plan
- Other benefits
- Free parking available
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.