Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
or equivalent experience
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Occupational Health and Safety Certificate
3 years to less than 5 years
- Specific Skills
- Repair cracks and holes; Prepare, clean and sand surfaces to be painted; Mix paint to desired colour and texture; Erect scaffolding and swing stages and attach rigging; Apply paint, wallpaper and other materials and finishes to interior and exterior surfaces
- Additional Skills
- Estimate costs and materials
- Weight Handling
- More than 45 kg (100 lbs)
- Wood Finishing Specializations
- Staining; Graining; Glazing
- Testing Equipment Experience
- Wet micron gauges; Thermometers; Moisture gauges
- Surface Preparation Experience
- Steam cleaning; Sandblasters; Flame cleaning; Drywall taping/patching; Water/hydroblasting
- Security and Safety
- Criminal record check
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Own transportation
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Physically demanding; Attention to detail; Ability to distinguish between colours; Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Work Location Information
- Various locations; Willing to relocate
- Coating/Application Specialization
- Urethanes; Sign painting; Powdered coatings; Paint spraying; Novelty and decorative effects; Multi-color finishes; Graphics painting; Dipping
- Wall Covering Specialization
- Wood veneers; Vinyl; Wallpaper; Photographic murals; Foils
- Personal Suitability
- Initiative; Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Team player; Client focus; Reliability
- Screening questions
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?; Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?; Are you willing to relocate for this position?; Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?; Are you available for shift or on-call work?; Are you available for the advertised start date?
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Apprentices, Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Veterans, Visible minorities
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.