No degree, certificate or diploma
or equivalent experience
2 years to less than 3 years
- Glass Finishing Machine Operators Specific Skills
Visually inspect products for quality
Set up and adjust glass and glass product finishing machines
Operate finishing machines to grind, drill, sand, bevel, decorate, wash or polish glass or glass products
- Glass Forming Machine Operators Specific Skills
Weigh, measure and check production samples to assess conformance to specifications
Set up or adjust automatic glass feeding, flowing and forming machines
Operate machines that press or blow molten glass in moulds to form or shape containers
- Glass Process Control Operators Specific Skills
Operate process control machinery to cut glass or assemble glass window units
Ensure correct operation of machines and verify specified processing conditions and make adjustments
- Glass Cutters Specific Skills
Smooth rough edges using belt sander or smoothing wheels
Place sheet of glass on padded table or in jig and measure and mark glass
Examine and mark defective glass to obtain the best cut
Cut glass along marked outlines or around pattern using hand tools
- Work Site Environment
- Transportation/Travel Information
Public transportation is available;
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
Handling heavy loads;
Attention to detail;
Standing for extended periods;
Bending, crouching, kneeling;
- Personal Suitability
Who can apply for this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.