Other trades certificate or diploma
or equivalent experience
1 year to less than 2 years
- Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Plumber Trade Certification
- Specific Skills
Determine piping system requirements and pipe sizing
Measure, cut, thread and bend pipes to required shape and size
Read blueprints, drawings and specifications to determine layout of plumbing system, water supply network and waste and drainage systems
Install, repair and maintain domestic, commercial or industrial plumbing fixtures and systems
Locate and mark positions for pipe connections, passage holes and fixtures in walls and floors
Cut opening in walls and floors to accommodate pipe and pipe fittings
Join pipes using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement or soldering, brazing and welding equipment
Test pipes for leaks using air and water pressure gauges
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
Bending, crouching, kneeling;
- Ability to Supervise
- Work Location Information
- Personal Suitability
Effective interpersonal skills;
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.