Chief Engineer, Self-propelled Drilling Rig
This job posting has been provided directly by the employer to Job Bank.
Posted on December 01, 2020
Stena Drilling (Canada) Corp.
701-10 Fort William PlaceSt. John's, NL
- Salary$$88.88HOUR hourly for 84 hours per week
- Terms of employment
Term or contract
- Start date
Starts as soon as possible
- Disability Benefits, Medical Benefits, Dental Benefits, Group Insurance Benefits, Life Insurance Benefits, RRSP Benefits, Vision Care Benefits
Other trades certificate or diploma
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
1st Class Marine Engineer Certificate; Transport Canada Marine Engineer Officer Certificate of Competency
5 years or more
- Specific Skills
- Operate main engines, machinery and auxiliary equipment on ships; Stand engine room watch, monitoring and noting performance of engines, machinery and all auxiliary equipment; Inspect and conduct maintenance and emergency repairs to engines, machinery and all auxiliary equipment; Maintain records and prepare reports on engine performance and failures
- Additional Skills
- Supervise and co-ordinate activities of engine room crew
- Type of Experience
- Mobile offshore drilling rig
- Security and Safety
- Drug test; Criminal record check; Valid passport
- Work Site Environment
- Confined spaces; Dangerous; Outdoors; In/on water; Noisy
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Willing to travel; Travel expenses paid by employer
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Physically demanding; Manual dexterity; 20/20 vision; Attention to detail; Hand-eye co-ordination; Ability to distinguish between colours; Sound discrimination; Sitting; Combination of sitting, standing, walking; Standing for extended periods; Large workload; Tight deadlines
- Ability to Supervise
- Staff in various areas of responsibility
- Work Location Information
- Staff accommodation provided; Remote location
- Personal Suitability
- Effective interpersonal skills; Accurate; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Excellent written communication; Dependability; Judgement; Reliability
Intended job posting audience
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Important notice: This job posting has been provided directly by the employer to Job Bank. The Government of Canada has taken steps to make sure it is accurate and reliable but cannot guarantee its authenticity.
The minimum wage for this job was calculated and verified based on the province or territory of residence for the employer.
Report a problem with this job posting
Thank you for your help!
You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, please contact us.