This job posting has been provided directly by the employer to Job Bank.
Posted on December 01, 2020
Stena Drilling (Canada) Corp.
701-10 Fort William PlaceSt. John's, NL
- Salary$$48.92HOUR hourly for 84 hours per week
- Terms of employment
Term or contract
- Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Shift, Overtime, On Call, Early Morning, Morning
- Start date
Starts as soon as possible
- Disability Benefits, Medical Benefits, Dental Benefits, Group Insurance Benefits, Life Insurance Benefits, RRSP Benefits, Vision Care Benefits
Other trades certificate or diploma
5 years or more
- Specific Skills
- Operate manual or semi-automatic flame-cutting equipment; Operate brakes, shears and other metal shaping, straightening and bending machines; Maintain and perform minor repairs on welding, brazing and soldering equipment; Interpret welding process specifications; Fit, braze and torch-straighten metal; Determine weldability of materials; Operate oxygen arc cutting equipment (arc-air), (AOC); Operate previously set-up welding machines to fabricate or repair metal parts and products; Operate previously set-up brazing or soldering machines to bond metal or to fill holes, indentations and seams of metal; Operate hoisting and lifting equipment
- Equipment and Machinery Experience
- Soldering machine; Gas welding machine; Butt or seam resistance welding machine; Brazing machine; Arc welding machine; Spot welding machine
- Additional Skills
- Read and interpret welding blueprints, drawings specifications, manuals and processes; Examine welds and ensure that they meet standards and/or specifications
- Area of Specialization
- Space equipment; Machinery or equipment repair; Large diameter pipelines; Cast iron and other metals; Marine repair; Structural construction
- Welding Techniques
- Fusion welds; ARC spot; Oxy-acetylene welding (OAW); Gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW) (TIG); Automated
- Work Setting
- Offshore drilling rig; Marine
- Security and Safety
- Drug test; Criminal record check; Valid passport
- Work Site Environment
- Confined spaces; Outdoors; At heights; Noisy; Odours; Dusty; Hot; Cold/refrigerated
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Willing to travel; Travel expenses paid by employer
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Repetitive tasks; Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding; Manual dexterity; Attention to detail; Hand-eye co-ordination; Sitting; Standing for extended periods
- Work Location Information
- Staff accommodation provided; Remote location
- Type of Materials
- Titanium and special alloys; Stainless steel; Non-metallic materials; Aluminum alloys; Copper and copper alloys; Steel, iron and heavy metals
- Personal Suitability
- Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Excellent written communication; Organized
Intended job posting audience
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Important notice: This job posting has been provided directly by the employer to Job Bank. The Government of Canada has taken steps to make sure it is accurate and reliable but cannot guarantee its authenticity.
The minimum wage for this job was calculated and verified based on the province or territory of residence for the employer.
Report a problem with this job posting
Thank you for your help!
You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, please contact us.