Radio Operator, Drilling Rig
This job posting has been provided directly by the employer to Job Bank.
Posted on December 01, 2020
Stena Drilling (Canada) Corp.
701-10 Fort William PlaceSt. John's, NL
- Salary$$29.26HOUR hourly for 84 hours per week
- Terms of employment
Term or contract
- Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Shift, Overtime, On Call, Early Morning, Morning
- Start date
Starts as soon as possible
- Disability Benefits, Medical Benefits, Dental Benefits, Group Insurance Benefits, Life Insurance Benefits, RRSP Benefits, Vision Care Benefits
Other trades certificate or diploma
or equivalent experience
5 years or more
- Dispatcher Specific Skills
- Receive requests for emergency assistance or service; Operate radio equipment; Operate computer-aided communications and dispatching equipment; Dispatch personnel as required by emergency situations; Communicate with ships, aircraft and other remote operations; Assist with maintenance of communications equipment; Handle wake-up calls; Knowledge of highway trucking and associated rules and regulations
- Business Equipment and Computer Applications
- Word processing software; Spreadsheet; Operate GPS (Global Positioning System) and other navigation equipment; MS Windows; Internet; Database software; Electronic mail; Dispatch management service software
- Additional Skills
- Maintain work records and logs; Ensure proper functioning of equipment; Ensure accuracy of completed time sheets, payroll and other summaries; Perform general office duties
- Work Setting
- Offshore drilling rig
- Security and Safety
- Drug test; Criminal record check; Valid passport
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Willing to travel; Travel expenses paid by employer
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Repetitive tasks; Attention to detail; Tight deadlines
- Work Location Information
- Remote location
- Service Experience
- Personal Suitability
- Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Excellent written communication; Client focus; Reliability; Organized
Intended job posting audience
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Important notice: This job posting has been provided directly by the employer to Job Bank. The Government of Canada has taken steps to make sure it is accurate and reliable but cannot guarantee its authenticity.
The minimum wage for this job was calculated and verified based on the province or territory of residence for the employer.
Report a problem with this job posting
Thank you for your help!
You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, please contact us.